Feb 1, 2010

Chester's Drawers

recent phone conversation w/ hunky hubby:

hubby: "Why don't you look around for a chest of drawers today?"

me: "Chester's Drawers?" "HUHHHH?"

me: "WHAT?"
hubby: (SIGH)

me: "Ya mean....A DRESSER?"
hubby: "No, CHEST OF DRAWERS!"

hubby: "What's a dresser?"

me: "You know what a dresser is...that thing you put clothes in." "UMM HELLOOOO!"
hubby: "Yeah, Chest of Drawers."

me: "That's what old people would call it."
hubby: "Just google it....see what comes up when you type in CHEST OF DRAWERS."

Google has all the answers, ya know

me: "WELL WELL....YOU go type in DRESSER and see what pops up."

Dear internet,
What do you call this??


Ya know... this thing that holds "Chester's Drawers".
Remember, HIP and COOL people call it a dresser.
just sayin'
pick dresser

Ok, so let's pretend that it did not have a mirror. Would you call it a chest of drawers then?
For those of you that say yes.
You must be like....
OLD as in over the age of 21 (my age)

Ya wanna call it a dresser now?
No one wants to be called OLD, right?


Karen of Sillymonkeez on February 1, 2010 at 10:54 AM said...

Tell your husband that a chest of drawers does not have a mirror.

The piece you have shown is called a double dresser (as opposed to a single or triple dresser). It can also be called a bureau. :D

Jennifer Juniper on February 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM said...

I agree, old people say "chest of drawers"! It's funny he said go google it, because one of our friends has a long standing argument with his wife that EVERYTHING is google-able. Like, "what is Bob's favorite color?" She doesn't understand that google can't read minds!

The Mommyologist on February 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

I definitely say dresser!! Chest of drawers? Haven't heard that one in ages!

Tarah on February 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM said...

I call the short ones with the mirrors on them a dresser and the taller ones with all drawers a chest of drawers. No clue where I came up with that. Maybe I should do some more googling...

Kelly on February 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM said...

i have always called it a dresser. i never heard "chest of drawers" before i met my husband.l they must be long lost twins.

Corrie Howe on February 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM said...

In my house, I call it obsolete because none of my children use them.

Casey on February 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM said...

That picture is most definitely a dresser. Dressers are short(ish) and wide, chest of drawers are taller and more narrow. Is he from the South? Maybe it's a Southern thing. I have always known about "Chester's Drawers". :)

Emmy on February 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM said...

Never knew you were married to an old man :)

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts on February 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM said...

Hey there! I am stopping by from MBC, to say HEY!

Amy on February 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM said...

I just say dresser...

Juliana on February 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM said...

I am a new follower from FF. Please come by and follow back. I am doing some great giveaways right now. I hope you had a great weekend and Happy Monday. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog!


Anonymous said...

Chest of drawers, davenport, settee. All old people words. It's a dresser. The end.

Angie S on February 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM said...

Ummmm yea...chest of drawers is OLD! Ha! So funny!!

Debbie on February 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM said...

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I am old.

Cassie on February 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM said...

I use both terms! I grew up calling it chest of drawers, later started calling it a dresser when I realized no one else called it that LOL

Amy on February 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

Hhahaaaa....I am laughing so hard right now. My husband and I actually got into a heated debate over whether it was called a "Chest of Drawers" or "Chester Drawers." I had to make him go look it up online just so he would quit saying Chester Drawers in public! lol....

And I agree with Karen of Sillymonkeez...a chest of drawers is taller, narrower, and has no mirror. A dresser is actually a triple dresser and it has a mirror.

All that being said, I just can't bring myself to say "Chest of Drawers," so everything is a dresser in my house. ;)

Kacee on February 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM said...

are you really 21?? don't know why that stuck out to me, i guess i expected you to be older or something... anyways, nevermind! haha!
we call it a dresser here in the south! :) but i like chester drawers! that's good stuff!

Amanda on February 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM said...

It actually depends. A dresser is more horizontal and has a mirror. A chest of drawers is taller, slimmer, and has no mirror. You can have a dresser AND a chest of drawers in a bedroom set.

Chaotic Creations by Kristen on February 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM said...

AAAAHHHHH...I can't handle being called "old"...Not Yet!!! I'm still cool though b/c I have some really "hip", "dungarees" in my "Chester Drawers" ROFL!!!!
Too Funny!! I call it whatever comes out of my mouth first. Still Laughing!!!

The Jacobsen Family! on February 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM said...

It's a dresser... =)


My Trendy Tykes Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez