Jan 4, 2010

Quit making us look bad, Cooter




Yeah, I know.
I live in the south.
Home of cornbread and that OH SO SEXY hair style....
ya know, the MULLET

I expect to hear words like Y'all and taters.
I enjoy my sweet tea and fried chicken.
I do.

But I have a question . . .

Why on earth do they always put the one on tv that has the "Redneckiest" accent?
(totally just made that word up)

Yeah....I know we have accents.
But Seriously?
That bad?


The longest mullet?

The oddest name.
(ok, maybe not odd to the SOUTH but odd to others)
Ya know, like BUBBA BO, BILLYBOB, CLETUS or COOTER

Oh, and you might also catch a glimpse of a camper in the background.
Or a house with a couch on the porch.
Oh, and Christmas lights still hanging.....
IN JUNE!

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

Ya see, I love the South.
I honestly don't think I could live anywhere else.
Well, except near a beach.
And

When I mean near a beach, I mean so NEAR that my feet are touching the sand.

Yeah, I would move for that.


BUT
I get kind of embarrassed when I see something or someone like above.
:GASP:
What will the other FOLKS think of us?
THE NORTHERNERS

I want even tell you how embarrassed I am to drive by that house with the toilet bowl in the yard.
pretty pink toilet bowl with flowers growing out of it.
Let's let that one slide, k?

Maybe I will stop and get a pic on that toilet one day?
bwahahaha....

Oh, and that little shack in the town next to mine.
the one with the huge satelite dish and BMW parked in the driveaway?
that is kind of crazy too, just sayin'

*The roof may be caving in but GOSH DARN-IT! We are gonna have cable!*
Priorities and all

So....
Question for all of you
What is the FIRST THING that comes to mind when you think of the South?
Be honest.

YOU A'INT GONNA HURT MY FEELINGS.
SHOOT NAW

&
Southern peeps (I know I have a few reading.)
Do you understand what I am talking about?
YA FEEL ME?

One more thing . . .
Can someone please tell me what GIT R DONE means?
Maybe I'm not as southern as I thought I was.

14 comments:

More than a Mom on January 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM said...

As a southerner who moved north ages ago, I feel you on both accounts, girl. I get embarrassed when they show the AWFUL part of the south, and the "redneckiest" people. But I love the south - except the bugs. I love the accent (it creeps out of me still), cheese grits, tall pine trees, mild winters, sweet tea, cookin' with tons of butter, mud boggin, farms everywhere south.

BlogBaby on January 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM said...

First thing that comes to mind when I think of the south huh? Hmmmm....yup, it's definitely a tie between ladies with big hair and shirtless dudes with mullets driving beaten up Chevy trucks. Is that wrong? Am I getting the south confused with certain parts of Western Canada again? Hmm...that's possible I guess, them Westerners are a bunch of hillbillies too.

BlogBaby
P.S. Linda you freakin' rock! Why on earth did I just become YOUR follower now? I've missed so much of your genius now I have to take a whole week to read through each an every one of your brilliant posts. Sigh...it's my own fault really for not following sooner. My bad.

blueviolet on January 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM said...

I think of the accent and big plantation houses!

Molly Lou Gifts on January 4, 2010 at 9:41 PM said...

Can I just say that I really big PUFFY HEART this post. As a fellow Southern girl from the great state of South Carolina, I know all too well what you have just portrayed.

AMEN SISTER!!!

PS-sorry I have been so MIA recently. I have lurched and stalked you some though. Happy Belated New Year!

Lin on January 4, 2010 at 10:26 PM said...

I think of heavy accents, guys in flannel & jeans. Girls in cut off shorts & big hair. I'm aware that I'm so far from the truth but that's what comes to mind.

Emmy on January 4, 2010 at 11:31 PM said...

The first thing I think of is ya'll and the accent... definitely the first thing. Then I think of a chicken fry, and cold beer on a Friay night... yeah I listen to country. :)

and please do take a picture of the toilet!

Casey's trio on January 4, 2010 at 11:37 PM said...

Since I am born and raised in CA and all I know of the South is the stereotypes on t.v......I think of Joe Dirt. Is that wrong? :)

Amanda on January 5, 2010 at 7:01 AM said...

I'm a "Northerner" and I live everything you've described. Pennsylvania is in the wrong place geographically. I think we were meant to be located south of Virginia.

Working Mommy on January 5, 2010 at 8:39 AM said...

Being from the South I must say that my fondest memory is of driving to high school...a time when saying "I got stuck behind a tractor" was a valid excuse for being late in the morning...I miss those days!

~WM

Corrie Howe on January 5, 2010 at 9:35 AM said...

Hum???? My mom is from Texas and my Dad from Pennsylvania. So I grew up with both. I can say pecan or pecon Ant or Aunt, Creek or Crick, Greasy or greazy. Yuns guys or Ya'll, Pop or coke, gum band or rubber band....

But I'm always nailed as a Mid-Atlantic grown when I say "Worshington, D.C." or "worsh my car." And I hate the fact that my kids say "sorey" (like my husband and in-laws Wisconsin)instead of "Sawry" like the rest of us for "sorry."

I miss the friendliness of the south and sweet tea. I occasionally miss grits and okra, but not black eyed peas.

Pres. Kathy on January 5, 2010 at 10:11 AM said...

I also think of the accents and Paula Deen. Sorry, I watch the food network way too much!

Madeline on January 5, 2010 at 9:57 PM said...

As a life long Massachusetts resident - I would rather hang out with a group of southerners than a group of condescending, elitest, better-than-you, arrogant, liberals any time!!!

The Jacobsen Family! on January 5, 2010 at 10:46 PM said...

LOL! My brother is obsessed with mullets. If we see one (here in Arizona) we are to take a pic with our phone and send it to him.

Emilie on January 6, 2010 at 2:05 PM said...

I live in Kentucky. 'Nuff said.

 

My Trendy Tykes Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez